The perfect antidote to a “boring” glass of water: detox water! Also known as infused water or vitamin water, it’s simply leaving cut fruit in water overnight to let all the goodness of the fruit infuse in the water. This recipe was given out by the wonderful people behind Healthy Ever After at their booth during the recent Seek and Keep Bazaar at Bangsar Shopping Centre. If you’re in KL, this food delivery service is a vegan, raw foodie dream. They prepare your meals -breakfast, lunch and dinner – fresh everyday and deliver to your home or office. I sampled their almond pate nori rolls and the rainbow salad which was on sale that day and both were absolutely delicious. As soon as I can plan my week better, I really want to give their full meal plans a try. I believe it’s the perfect way to detox and it’s low fuss on your end too.
You can really mix and match with the fruits in the detox water. Citrus is always great because it’s so refreshing but strawberries or any other berry would be fantastic too. I improvise here with blood oranges because I didn’t have tangerines or normal oranges at home, and I loved that it gave the water a light pink hue. Of course, I’m a sucker for pink. It’s a great way to motivate yourself to drink water since it’s so refreshing and zingy plus think of all the additional benefits you are getting. Do try it out for yourself, even if it’s just a couple of lemon slices in your water.
- 2 litres alkaline water
- 6 wedges grapefruit (about half a grapefruit)
- 1 tangerine, sliced (I used a blood orange because that is what I had)
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 peppermint or mint leaves
- Rinse grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber and mint leaves.
- Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel).
- Combine all ingredients in a water pitcher. Allow the ingredients to sit overnight in the fridge.
- Drink throughout the day, add ice if you want. Enjoy!